Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Abby Cadabby

Off to the next most expensive Muppet to do. I don't know her personally, since I didn't grow up to her... she is one of the newer generation muppets. Since there will be a lot of girls at the party, I thought I would entertain them by creating...


ABBY CADABBY

MATERIALS

NOTE - The supplies below will be used, but I have more supplies I need to create other parts of her outfit! The list is NOT complete!



  1. "MD Pink" Anti-Pill Fleece - This is the perfect shade of pink to be Abby Cadabby's skin. (This is the same shade of pink I used for Grover's nose). I bought a yard of this for Abby's skin, then 1/8 of a yard for Grover's nose.
  2. "Bubble Gum Pink" Coats and Clark 250 Yard Thread - This is the closest colored thread to match the "MD Pink" fleece.
  3. Instant Style "Spring" Tier Band - This is pretty much like a pre-made dress! We sell this at our Jo-Ann store by the inch! I only needed about 15 inches of this, and for that, it only cost $6.00. I figured this matched Abby Cadabby's dress the best.
  4. "Lilac" Coats and Clark 250 Yard Thread - This is the same thread I will be using for the Count's skin. I only need a little bit of it to sew Abby Cadabby's dress. It matches the purple in the dress closely enough, I wasn't going to buy another color for only a little bit of sewing.
  5. "Cotton Candy" Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn - The colors in this yarn comes pretty darn close to Abby Cadabby's pigtails! I bought two of them at Michael's Arts and Crafts for 50 percent off!
  6. "Confetti" Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn - The colors in this ball of yarn match pretty closely to the pom pom on Abby Cadabby's wand! Again, I got it 50 percent off at Michael's Arts and Crafts!
  7. "Daisy" Recollections Scrap-booking stickers - These are great to use for the flowers in Abby's hair, wrapped around the pigtails! The yellow part in the daisies have glitter on it, even better! I could only find this at Michael's Arts and Crafts.
  8.  Dollar Wand - In the girl's section at Michael's I found this wand with a foam star and some ribbons attached to it. It was only a dollar, and I took the star off the tip of the pink plastic rod to create Abby's Wand from Scratch.
  9. "Creatology" Pink Craft Kit - This kit actually and recently been removed from Michael's inventory! I only got it for ONE CENT because of it! HOLY MOLY! What a deal! It comes with White, Pink and Purple pipe cleaners, and pipe cleaners with glitter! It also comes with pom-poms in the same colors and googly eyes! The pipe cleaners will be hot-glued together to make Abby's wand! The larger Magenta pom-poms will be used for Abby's nose! 
  10. "White" Grizzly Faux Fur - If Grover's blue-dyeing technique works out, I will do the same for Abby's hair! Abby's main hair color is purple, and I will dye it purple!  I bought only a half yard of the fur, like I'm doing with the Count's hair!
  11. Purple Rit Dye - I got another 8Oz Bottle of Rit Dye, which is purple colored. This will be used to dye the Faux Fur purple for Abby's hair!
  12. Purple Acrylic Paints - I bought a "Plum" colored Craft Smart paint from Michael's and "Grape" colored Tulip Fabric Paint from our Jo-Ann store. These will be mixed in to create a dramatic purple color for Abby's hair, if it works!
  13. Black Feather Boa - I will be using this for Abby's eyelashes! All it takes is two snips of it, aand instant eyelashes are done!
  14. Felt - I will be using the "Black", "White" and "Turquoise" colored felts for Abby Cadabby's eyes. The "Pink" and "Red" felts will be used for Abby's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment