Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Project Sesame Street - The Home-Made Muppet Project!

Hello. 

My name is Justin and I work as an employee of Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores in Vero Beach, Florida. Now, we often have sales, but the ultimate sale began on September 15, 2013 called "The Coupon Commotion". "Coupon Commotion" is the biggest sale honoring September as "National Sewing Month". 

I'd say about 75% of the whole store was on sale, and I thought why not make something out of it? I can get a whole bunch of fabric that's on sale, and whatever is not, I could use a coupon and employee discount on top of it all, no matter what! I was guaranteed to get a bargain that I could not miss!

I personally do not make clothes or garments, I do simple sewing and crafts. My specialty is sewing pillow cases, but I decided to put myself to the test and top that! Why not invest in making puppets, or as I prefer to call them "muppets"!?

Why puppets you may ask? For starters, I always loved Sesame Street! I grew up watching it at the age of 2 years old. My first favorite was Cookie Monster, but when I turned 4 or 5, I changed my favorite to the ultimate, cute, cuddly, blue, furry pal, Grover! I have not changed my favorite ever since, Grover is the funniest and the cutest of all muppets, sorry Elmo!

So, my great cousin's 3rd birthday party is 2 weeks from September 15, so why not make use of the puppets and put on a puppet show for the children's entertainment? But I have to admit, I'd like to keep all the muppets I make on my shelf! You'd never know if they could be used in the future!

Without further or do, let's get started!  

This is my first puppet project, so wish me luck!


All Copyrights go to Sesame Street/Sesame Workshop. Credit goes to Project Puppet for the template and instructions and of course, thanks to my Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store & Michael's Arts and Crafts for all the fabric and the materials to make the puppets!

No comments:

Post a Comment