Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Count Von Count

Let's begin with the most expensive Muppet used for this project. Since Halloween is coming up and since he is one of the most popular characters on Sesame Street, I decided I wanted to create...
Count Von Count


Materials

  1. "Pink-Lavender" Anti-Pill Fleece - This color is the most accurate color to the Count's skin. I bought a yard and a half of this. For the head and body, I will only need a yard, but I added an extra half a yard because I will be making a glove as well! Since The Count uses his hands when he talks, I figured I could use a glove too, to make a more realistic performance.
  2. "Orchid" 250 Yard Coats and Clark Thread - Orchid is the closest color to go with the Pink-Lavender fleece.
  3. "Black Velour" Fabric- I will be using this to create the suit and the sleeves for the gloves. It is identical to velvet, it has the same texture, but it's not the same thing. I got it for $6.50 a yard, and that's 50 percent off! I bought 1 yard of it, which is plenty since his suit is going to be baby-sized.
  4. "Black" 125 Yard Coats and Clark Thread - Black thread will be used for the suit, sleeve and the cape!  
  5. "Hunter Green" Baroque Satin - I bought a solid-satin, "Hunter Green" colored. I got it for $2.99 a yard on sale, and it's only 1 yard. This will be used for the outer cape and the collar of the cape.
  6. "Hunter Green" 250 Yard Coats and Clark Thread - Luckily, I got the EXACT same color of thread to match the "Hunter Green" Baroque Satin!
  7. Multicolored Flower Calico - This calico fabric is the closest I can get to match the inner cape for the Count. It may be flowers, but nobody should notice unless they really care! I like the size variation and the colors are the same as the Count's original fabric for the inner part of his cape. There is a yard of this to match up with the Baroque Satin.
  8. "White" Country Classic Quilting Fabric - This may be quilting fabric, but it's 100% cotton, and it will work nicely to do The Count's white undershirt. I will use it for that, and the sleeves for the glove.
  9. "White" 125 Yard Coats and Clark Thread - White thread will be used for the under suit and the sleeves!
  10. Red & Orange Satin Ribbon - I got these to go under his vest of the suit, because you can see red and orange striped fabric behind the vest. These are almost 2 inches wide. I will sew these two colors together with red thread.
  11. Black Buttons - I will probably hot glue these buttons onto his suit and the sleeves of the glove I will use, for a more realistic look.
  12. Plastic Halloween Silly Glasses - I got these for only a dollar at Michael's. You can't go wrong for that price! I just simply popped out a lens, to use as the Count's eyeglass over his left eye!  
  13. 8 Yard "Silver" Gauge Wire - This will be used to create the frame for Count's Eyeglass piece.
  14. "Scotch" Brand Super Glue - I will use this super glue to glue the gauge wire around the plastic eyeglass piece, to create a more realistic and precise look.
  15. Velcro Dots - I will attach one to The Count's hands and the other to The Count's Cape. When the Count walks in, he wraps himself in the cape, like a real vampire. Velcro should do the trick!
  16. Felt - I will use the "Black" and Pink" Felt to create his tongue and mouth. I also selected a "Cream" felt for The Count's fangs!
  17. "Black" Grizzly Fur (On the right side, bottom picture) - I will be using this "Black" Grizzly Fur fabric to create the hair for the Count's head. I could probably use this for the Count's beard.
  18. "Black" Feather Boa - I could probably use this Boa as an alternative for The Count's beard, if the remaining "Black" Grizzly Fur fabric doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment