Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grover

Here is all the stuff for my ULTIMATE Favorite Muppet, "The Cute, Loveable, Blue, Furry Pal",


GROVER


MATERIALS



  1.  "White" Grizzly Faux Fur - NONE of the Jo-Ann stores carry a Blue Faux Fur fabric to use! So, I bought some "White" Grizzly Faux Fur. This is 70% Acrylic and 30% polyester. I bought a yard of this for Grover's body. I did some careful research, and I decided I am going to dye it blue! You may be thinking, how can you dye synthetic fur? Well, here is a blog I am referring to and will be attempting to dye from!... http://www.furnation.com/big_bad_wolf/coloring.htm
  2. "Navy Blue" Rit Dye - This is the dye I will be using to color Grover's fur. This is the most accurate blue to match his current colored fur on Sesame Street. Although this shade is a little darker, I will be adding some brighter blue Acrylic paint to the mix to give a more vibrant color. It's only $3.99 for an 8oz bottle, not bad! I used a coupon on it, of course!
  3. "Royal Blue" Tulip Slick Fabric Paint - This is an acrylic-based fabric paint, so it's perfect to add to the Acrylic fibers in the faux fur! I will mix this in with the Rit Dye. I got this for $1.79 at our Jo-Ann store!
  4. "Royal Blue" "Craft Smart" Acrylic Paint - This can also be used with the Rit Dye and the Fabric dye, to ensure a nice and bold blue-colored fur. This is about 69 cents at Michael's.
  5. "Tulip" Brand Latex Gloves - It's VERY important you use latex gloves when it comes to dyeing anything, because the dye can stain your fingers, and it will be difficult to wash off. Also use scrappy, old clothing when dyeing something.
  6. Felt - I will be using "Red" felt for Grover's lips, and I will be using 2 sheets of "Black" felt for Grover's inner mouth.
  7. White Plastic Spoons - I will use two white plastic spoons for Grover's eyeballs. I will cut the handle off the spoon and use the actual spoon parts for the eyeballs. I will probably use a sharpie marker to draw the pupils.
  8. White Egg-Shaped Styrofoam - This will be the shape and base of Grover's nose. 
  9. "MD Pink" Anti-Pill Fleece - I will be using only 1/8 of a yard of this pink fleece to cover the egg Styrofoam piece to create the skin for Grover's nose.

    Grover will be the first Muppet I attempt to make! I'm SO Excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment