Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Elmo

Yes, I will be doing the one and only

ELMO

ONLY because he is now the "so-called" star of Sesame Street. 

Grover is cuter and should be in Elmo's place, sorry Elmo!

But I realized, you can't have a puppet show with Sesame Street replicas without Elmo.

Materials

  1. "Red" Ultra Cuddle Fabric - This fabric is SUPER soft, they don't call it Ultra-Cuddle for nothing! We have a blanket made of this material. If you look closely at it, it is kind of fur-like, but it's nowhere near the same feeling as fur. I got a yard of this on sale for $7.69 a yard. I only bought one yard of it.
  2. "Red" Coats and Clark 250 Yard Thread - This matches up nicely with the Red Ultra Cuddle fabric.
  3. "Tangerine" Blizzard Fleece - This is a different type of fleece used in this project, Blizzard fleece. It's more flat and soft than Anti-Pill fleece. But it turned out we had the "Tangerine" shade only in Blizzard fleece, not Anti-Pill fleece, at our Jo-Ann store. I only got 1/8th of a yard to create Elmo's nose.
  4. White Egg-Shaped Styrofoam - This will be the shape and base of Elmo's nose. 
  5. Ping Pong Balls - I bought these ping pong balls for $3.99 at "Play it Again Sports" store. These will be cut in half to be used for Elmo's eyes.
  6. White Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint - I bought this prior to my muppet supply shopping, but I have it just in case I need to cover the wording on the ping-pong balls.
  7. Smooth-Styrofoam Ball - I bought a pack of these to use as an alternative in case the ping-pong balls turn out to be too small for the eyes.
  8. Black Felt - I will be using 2 sheets of black felt to create Elmo's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment