Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Kermit the Frog

Although he is no longer on Sesame Street, he is still an ORIGINAL! He was once the star of sesame street, but is currently the star of "The Muppets" series! The one, the only...

Kermit the Frog  


or as Grover calls him... "Froggy Baby!"


MATERIALS

It's not as much as the other muppets, I know! Kermit doesn't have as many features, neither does Grover, but Grover has more materials only because of the dye. Kermit's budget was the cheapest!

  1. "Spinach" Anti-Pill Fleece - I bought a yard of this for Kermit's skin. This was the perfect shade of green to use!
  2. "Bright Chartreuse" Cozy Flannel - This will be used for Kermit's neck piece/collar. It had the perfect shade of green with a little yellow. Side by side, the fleece and the flannel look great together! I bought a half a yard of this.
  3. "Kiwi" 250 Yard Coats and Clark Thread - This Kiwi color actually looks good against both the Spinach colored fleece and the Chartreuse Flannel.
  4. Ping Pong Balls - I bought these ping pong balls for $3.99 at "Play it Again Sports" store. These will be cut in half to be used for Kermit's eyes. Grover once described Kermit's eyes as "Two Ping-Pong Balls floating in a sea of mildew!" LOL
  5. White Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint - I bought this prior to my muppet supply shopping, but I have it just in case I need to cover the wording on the ping-pong balls.
  6. Smooth-Styrofoam Ball - I bought a pack of these to use as an alternative in case the ping-pong balls turn out to be too small for the eyes.
  7. Felt - I will be using "Black", "Red" and "Light Pink" felts for Kermit's mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment